Don’t leave dad hungry this Fathers Day, give him a breakfast he’s bound to love.
These mouth-watering peanut butter pancakes drizzled in salted caramel sauce will have dad wishing everyday was Fathers day… and the best thing is, their extremely easy to make.
Follow these simple steps to give dad the gift of savoury and sweet on his special morning, these fluffy and light pancakes being just what you need to win him over.
- 1¾ cups self-raising flour, for pancake
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking powder, for pancake
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs caster sugar, for pancake
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- butter, to grease pan
- 300g jar of Woolworths Gold Salted Caramel Dessert Sauce
- double cream and chopped roasted peanuts, to serve
- Place the peanut butter into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium for 20-30 seconds or until soft.
- Whisk in eggs and buttermilk until combined. Add to dry ingredients for basic pancake mixture.
- Heat a large frying pan or flat grill plate over medium-low heat. Grease with a little butter.
- Add 1/3 cup batter to the pan for each pancake. Cook in batches, being careful not to crowd the pan, for 2-3 minutes or until edges are set and bubbles appear on surface. Flip over and cook for 1 minute. Keep warm.
- Warm dessert sauce according to jar instructions or until just pourable.
- Stack pancakes on plates. Serve topped with cream, sauce and peanuts.